Ok. Ok. I get it. You’re scratching your head wondering just why a rich text editor of all things is going to save your job? And just what the heck is a rich text editor anyway, you ask?
A rich text editor acts similarly to, say, the editor in your favorite nameless desktop publishing software (shh…Microsoft Word). It helps you create great looking content without all the fuss and formatting with code.
And, wouldn’t ya know, but RTE’s (rich text editors) are what we do REALLY well here at Ephox.
You see, our EditLive! software is designed especially for people who write great content… for the web, for learning management systems, for email marketing systems, for wikis, for blogs, for content management systems.
Whatever the content that you’re writing for the desktop or the web, you need a rich text editor like EditLive! to keep you in your job for as long as possible.
And here’s 5 reasons why:
- A rich text editor is going to make you look good, really good. RTEs allow you to make your text bold, make it red, make it underlined…even help you put content into lists and tables. And, drum roll, please… you can copy and paste content from said favorite desktop publishing software and not spend HOURS reformatting it in HTML code. It will just look right the first time. That’s right. AND…did I mention you don’t have to know HTML code? Genius, right?
- A rich text editor has your back. A rich text editor (a good one, at least) is going to save your job by helping you find errors. It’s going to do seemingly uncomplicated things like check your spelling errors and suggest corrections while you type. And, hey, not every editor does this out-of-the-box! Plus, don’t forget… an advanced editor is going help you fix broken hyperlinks and give you advice on how to make your content more accessible so people with disabilities can read or listen to your content. (I know, I know. This is getting good…)
- A rich text editor protects your brand. If you’re responsible for rallying a team of content authors across multiple departments or multiple countries (or both), you can create really cool templates in the rich text editing software that protects your online content. This means that your writers (bless their hearts) can’t do anything crazy-looking to your company’s content. They’ll publish things more to your liking, and keep your brand standards in line. Whew! Now, that’s a job saver if I’ve ever heard of one!
- A rich text editor will make you more autonomous. True dat. If you use an advanced rich text editor, you’ll be spending a lot less time talking to your webmaster (asking for coding help) and a lot more time writing, editing and publishing your own content. You can upload your images and edit them in the editor. And, you can even embed your own social media links and publish content in 1-2 clicks. Again, no code or help desk ticket needed. Your webmaster is going to l-o-v-e you.
- A rich text editor localizes your content. Here’s a biggie. And one of the reasons why we have so many happy clients at Ephox. People want to localize their content, and our rich text editor can do this for up to 33 languages. So you want to publish content in a variety of countries in under an hour. Ok. Go do it. And then see what kind of job stability you have when you’re delivering content at the speed of light. Ok. Ok. A bit of an exaggeration, but you get our point.
I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. If you’re creating online content, you need an RTE (a rich text editor) to save your job, and there’s no doubt it’s going to make you a happier camper in the process.
What other ways would you find relief when writing, editing or publishing content?